|Under the supervision of the assigned Certification Manager, a Certification Engineer – III
- Knowledge of structural requirements, analysis, techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures and applies this knowledge for the structural evaluation of aircraft interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements.
- Supports Design Engineer and Certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development.
- Supports certification of aircraft interior components designed and manufactured on site and at other divisions.
- Is capable of managing the execution of multiple programs simultaneously.
- Communicates effectively to technical and non-technical staff.
- Know and understand Regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Detailed oriented and accurate, previous experience evaluating structural analysis of composite materials mechanical properties is strongly desirable.
- Must be FAA recognized to perform or witness any FAA dynamic test on company behalf.
- Regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Prepare structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis, weight summary, dynamic plan, post test analysis, and abuse plan.
- Participate in design reviews (kick-off, preliminary design review (PDR) and critical design reviews (CDR).
- Be proficient with static test equipment, fixtures and procedures, dynamic and abuse.
- Know and apply Stress Engineering Manual, certification general statement company procedures for EX 4FS001.
- Prepares flammability substantiation documents, such as flammability test plans and flammability test reports to show compliance to applicable regulatory requirements and further is responsible to prepare all documents related to the flammability substantiation of an assigned unit.
- Responsible for a general understanding of the testing protocol used in the flammability and initiates a test plan to substantiate the change if necessary.
- Perform execution of Flammability, Abuse and Static testing
- Travel may be required for this position, depending on the specific program assignment.