Brief Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, develops new and improved designs of mechanical tuners and derivatives of selected MMC components. Works with RF/ Microwave engineers and designs products that will meet the requirements as presented by them and compliment it with mechanical design considerations. Works as a key member of the sustaining engineering team to solve problems with existing products by design improvements and/ or process improvements. Performs in the role of project engineer through NPI and design improvements.
Essential Duties of the Position:
1. Designs the mechanical portion of all mechanical tuners (manual and automated). Fully understands the electro mechanical performance requirements and applies his/ her engineering skills to proof out concepts.
2. Provides technical support for troubleshooting and improving existing tuner products.
3. Works with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to generate detailed test procedures/acceptance documents.
4. Assists manufacturing personnel with development of the manufacturing process, if needed.
5. Provides coordination on specialized vendor activities.
6. Performs other design and development assignments as instructed.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and 5 years work experience required. Masters degree a plus. Must have knowledge of basic electrical and electronic fundamentals and knowledge of basic manufacturing disciplines. Experience working in a microwave component industry a plus. Experience working with products involving stepper/ servo motors with precision movement controls a plus. Experience working in a high precision product environment required. Proficiency with 3D design software required. Must be able to communicate effectively with the team and across various departments. Exhibit positive, professional behavior and perform/ lead by example to meet company goals and objectives.