The successful candidate will be a key member in a growing organization that is recognized as a market leader. This position is part safety, part industrial engineering and continuous improvement and part quality assurance.
• University Degree (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering) or similar technical degree with additional job experience focused on Safety and Manufacturing.
• Knowledge of ISO-9001(Q), 14001(E) and OHSAS-18001(S) a plus.
• OSHA training a plus.
• HAZWOPER training a plus.
• Knowledge of machining, welding, painting, and CAD a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and daily tasks.
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills including communications, self-starter, positive make-happen attitude, handling multiple tasks, team player.
• Must have a passion for continuous improvement and cost reduction!
• Administer company OHSAS-18001 safety program, including investigation of accidents and creation of measures to prevent recurrence.
• Conduct company safety training including employee and contractor safety orientations.
• Collateral duty to assist Q-E-S administration of company ISO-9001 Quality and ISO-14001 Environmental programs, including internal auditing, legal requirements, Vendor surveys, procedure revisions, etc.
• Monitor 5S, Six Sigma, and lean manufacturing programs for continual improvement opportunities.
• Discover needs and assist justification of capital improvements to manufacturing equipment including safety devices.
• Assist process improvement studies and manufacturing time-motion studies.
• Support post manufacturing cost analysis of custom products.
• Assist Manufacturing during investigations of over budget processes and cost reduction programs.