• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. MS in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
• Professional Engineering license is desirable.
• 8 years minimum experience in product design with strong knowledge in stress, rotor dynamics,
heat transfer in rotating equipment such as turbines, flywheels, motor/generators and magnetic
• Direct experience designing rotors utilizing magnetic bearings is highly desirable.
• 8 years minimum experience managing design teams in a fast paced environment desirable.
• Knowledge of fabrication methods in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Preferred SolidWorks experience or equivalent.
• Well rounded understanding of systems that entail mechanical, electrical, and software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interface with all levels.