General Description: Responsible for designing framework, as well as roadmaps for the individual tools used in the infrastructure of the project.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Works closely with Technical Staff to ensure technology interdependencies are orchestrated and practical for meeting operational objectives.
- Maintain standards compliance for ISO 9001 and CMMI.
- Frequently works with other members of a project team.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel may be required.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- B.S. or B.A Degree in related field preferred, but not a disqualifier.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field or related area preferred.
- Proficiency with Oracle Solaris10 and system/security administration activities.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs.
- Must have an active Secret or higher level personal security clearance (PCL).
- Must have Information Assurance Technician (IAT)-Level 2 or higher with Solaris operating system Certification.
- PBUSE experience preferred
- Experience with Solaris ZFS
- Experience with Oracle 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure (RAC and ASM)
- Experience with Oracle 11gR2 Enterprise Database Server
- Experience with Tomcat or other Sun/Oracle web application server
- Experience with Sun Fire mid-frame and entry-level Ultra SPARC servers
Experience with Sun StorEdge