Coordinates project completion by working with customer service, planning/purchasing, manufacturing and sales. Works closely with tooling vendors, both internal and external to insure all customer service requirements are met. Generally operates under detailed instructions and specifications but requires considerable ingenuity to improvise and adapt when necessary, and instructs those who assist him/her with mold and equipment adjustments/modifications.
- Manages tooling project assigned by Manager, including scheduling, planning and customer meetings.
- Diagnoses and determines appropriate corrective action for problems with conditions of equipment, molds, presses and processes.
- Creates, reviews and approves part drawings and tool plans/design for all tooling projects.
- Reviews tool plans for new custom molding jobs and generates part drawings for customer approval.
- Continually analyzes in house tools and molds to determine where efficiency can be improved through modifications, renovations or by re- tooling when necessary.
- Creates BOM’s for all new jobs as well as maintains current accurate BOM’s for all existing jobs.
- Maintains accurate and current files for all parts and tools using CAD software when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and complete project books or files for each project.
- Works closely with customers throughout projects and assists them with issues such as material selection and design specifications whenever necessary.
- Completes special assignments as requested.
- Attends team-building meetings for the Manufacturing and Engineering Departments.
- Performs other duties as directed by the direct Manager.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Proven Project Management experience, including direct labor, overhead and materials related operational strategies.
- Ability to read and interpret & create common documents related to the Injection Molding field.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Operations, Industrial or Mechanical discipline)
- 7-10 years experience as a tooling/design engineer.
- Plastic injection mold design, injection molding processing and mold construction experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Proficient with IQMS in manufacturing related modules, ei: Purchase order and Receiving, Inventory, Preventive Maintenance, Real Time, Bill of Materials.
- Proficient with Solid works.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve technical issues with internal customer/teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects and able to meet deadlines.