Key Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of five years' experience operating setting up CNC machines such as milling machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and lifting devises for movement of parts.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be able to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/ or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC machines such as Milling machines.
- Responsible for loading parts, proving programs, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measure and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devises for movement of parts.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventive maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the company quality program and procedures, company policies and Safety and environmental Regulations.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
- Safety Glasses while in shop area.
- Steel Toe Boots.