A growing, global company with more than 5,000 employees and operations in Europe, Asia, Australia and the United States. We make high quality, highly engineered products that improve people's lives, advance medical research and contribute to a cleaner, more sustainable world. Company's Georgia facility is currently seeking candidates interested in the position of Firmware Engineer.
Successful candidate will join the Electrical Engineering team in the BioMedical division, at the global headquarters in Georgia. This individual will work with cross-disciplinary design teams on projects of various sized scopes. This engineer will integrate into the full product life cycle, from design and development to transfer to manufacturing and sustaining activities, in electronic embedded system design. Key product lines include gas separation medical devices and cryogenic-biological medical storage equipment.
Your Education Should Be...
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent disciplines
Your Professional Skills and Experience ...
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment
- At least three years' relevant experience in electronic firmware design
- Firmware and software experience using programming languages C and C#
- Experience with programmable devices, such as SoC, ARM and PIC controllers
- Experience with communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, USB, RS-232
Preferred / Relevant Experience ...
- Hardware design experience is a plus
- Experience with control systems, such as brushless DC motor control and electro-pneumatic systems
- Experience with wireless / Bluetooth communication is a plus
- Experience with analog & digital circuit design and sensor integration
- Experience with power management (AC and battery power) for low voltage devices
- Testing and troubleshooting experience utilizing multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers
- Experience with Medical Device Directive (MDD), ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment
- Systems engineering experience covering electrical hardware, power, system interconnection, and user interface
What Your Day-to-Day Activities May Include...
- Develop electrical embedded systems for electro-mechanical biomedical devices with the cross functional design team
- Develop firmware solutions that meet sub-system design specs and assist in hardware development
- Support hardware prototyping and performance testing activities
- Firmware development utilizing programmable hardware and microcontrollers interfacing analog and digital sensors user interface display and controls, motor control, and electro-pneumatic systems control with pressure feedback
- Develop control and power management firmware to maximize power consumption and system reliability.
- Develop test and diagnostics software to support bench testing and field service
- Will participate in hardware specification and schematic reviews
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Evaluation of product non-conformances and recommendation of design modifications.
- May perform obsolescence reviews of current components for sustaining engineering support and create and sustain BOMs for PCBAs
- Works closely with manufacturing personnel if electronic troubleshooting is required.
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require
- Ability to work in an office environment
- This position will require the ability to move around the lab and production floor to address production issues relating to products and equipment.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hrs/day.