- Program, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), controlling a wide variety of industrial applications including; water and wastewater plants, fish hatcheries, and other process facilities.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and project a positive company image.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Be aware of the project budget and work within budget constraints for material and labor budgets.
- Communicate with Project Managers when projects will be affected by actions taken by the PLC Programmer.
- Coordinate closely with field engineers to ensure prompt completion of project.
- Collaborate with related engineering design teams.
- Maintain current engineering knowledge as it relates to industry standards and new developments.
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate Officers.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 or more years' experience programming PLCs, Client/HMI's, VFD's, and industrial networks (specifically Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus and Modbus/Modbus+) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge with control system troubleshooting and tuning skills, experience with Ladder Logic and IEC programming of PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), and knowledge of Process Control.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens and Client PLCs preferred.
- Ability to plan, implement and document structured programming is essential.
- Knowledge of process instrumentation, control theory and various types of control systems, data acquisition, and industrial data communication coupled with experience working with industrial process controls, IT / networking processes and general analog and digital electronics required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and teamwork skills required.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca 92117
1800.379.1756 ext 109