Responsibilities will include developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the design, manufacture, integration and test of various mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems. Preparation of technical analysis reports and proposed technical data package updates.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop creative mechanical & electro-mechanical design solutions for electronic packages using current CAD design tools.
- Utilize thermal design practices to develop mechanical solutions for thermal environments.
- Utilize structural design practices to develop mechanical solutions for environments that include shock and vibration loads.
- Create drawings.
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams (engineering, operations, contract services, customer)
- Configuration Management experience
- Presentation skills to internal teams and customers
- U.S. Citizen
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 15+ years of related experience
- Capabilities to design and analyze small to large precision mechanical assemblies and structures
- Capabilities to design and analyze cooling solutions for removal of electronic subsystem heat loads from minute wattage to more than 100 KW
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Familiarity with hands-on assembly of mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD solid modeling tools and analysis tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint tools
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Experience with carbon fiber
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead others in technical direction
- Existing DoD SECRET clearance or higher