Title: Project Engineer
Terms: Direct Hire
Location: Seattle, WA.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, with indirect supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and our company standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Surveying existing buildings (for retrofits), identifying opportunities for improvement, and gathering necessary data regarding energy use, building functions, and structural characteristics.
- Completing preliminary designs, proposal data, and costs.
- Collaborating with our Purchasing Department regarding price, delivery, and other specs for purchased items.
- Coordinating installation procedures among Engineering, Construction, and other stakeholders.
- Supervising jobs on site as required, including leveraging your design expertise in a hands-on capacity to solve emergent operational problems.
- Assisting in writing letters, memos, contracts, change orders, and other documents related to the project.
- Providing the customer with energy performance data.
- Other duties as directed by partnering Project Managers, Sales Management, or Engineering leadership.
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical concentration strongly preferred
- 5+ years' experience in estimating, design, and prosecution of HVAC projects, ideally including some field/construction site experience
- High sense of integrity
- Solid organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
Professional level for the following:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Effective Communication
- Work Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Service
- Business Knowledge
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up our company.
- INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost.
- Company Culture of Excellence – We are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development
- United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! We have fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
- Competitive benefits package and 401k