Required Qualifications and Competencies
1. 5 or more years of hands-on experience as production scheduler in a medium or large manufacturing environment (preferably in Oil and Gas, automotive or organizations requiring extensive project management) working heavily with master scheduling and planning.
2. 4-Year College degree.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
1. High level of proficiency in MS Products including, Word, Excel (high level of competence), PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
2. High level of understanding and experience in material planning, supply chain management and production scheduling and planning using ERP Systems (Epicor/Vantage preferred).
3. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with people at all levels, both internally and externally in both English and Japanese. (Bilingual preferred)
4. Ability to coach, guide and direct subordinates in an objective and constructive manner.
5. Must have professional writing and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to create and manage production scheduling and planning.
7. Ability to read and understand ISO drawings, P&ID and GA.
8. Experience in Lean manufacturing and Kaizen and effective use of 5S.
The Senior Production Scheduler provides support, guidance and leadership to Production Control (including training and development) to ensure effective execution of deliverables.
The Senior Production Scheduler is responsible for working with the production work centers and group leaders to update the Project Execution Schedule and monitor throughout the production progress. This position also creates Summary Project Schedule that is used for customer reporting. He/she notifies management of missed schedules and coordinates with other departments on required items. The Senior Production Scheduler works with Production Engineering and Production departments on creating and verifying make spans for scheduled component items and to reduce cycle time. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.