What we are looking for:
Seeking a strong manager that will lead a small quality department with a "hands on approach. A leader that will roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty when need be.
Ideal candidate will have previous experience taking a company from outdated ISO to the current 2015 version. If not direct experience in taking this next step, someone that still possesses the knowledge and ability to do so. Strong understanding of ISO 9001 ver. 2015
Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with other departments, as well as, all levels within the company.
- BS degree in quality or related technical field
- Seven to 10 years' experience in quality
- At least 5 years of quality leadership/ managerial experience in a quality or manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of ISO requirements and relevant industry standard practices is required. Must have ability to interpret these regulations to ensure proper implementation in the plant
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven ability to respond appropriately to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or internal employees related to quality
- ASQ certifications desirable (e.g. CQE, CQM, CQA)
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts preferred
- Strong project management skills preferred
- Strong Microsoft suite computer skills required
- Must work well in a team environment, possess an ability to adapt to change in the environment, and have proven ability to exert influence in a directive and positive manner
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a team through direct or indirect management
- Demonstrated technical analysis capabilities including analysis, process improvement methodologies, quality assurance concepts and systems, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and employ effective time management skills
- Update, implement improvements, and maintain the quality program to ensure that quality standard requirements and customer expectations are met
- Maintain and improve product and process quality by driving product and internal/external compliance audits including ISO
- Administer the company's internal audit program including planning, scheduling, coordinating, and performing internal audits
- Develop, implement, monitor and support continuous improvement efforts
- Develop and monitor progress against consistent quality standards
- Provide feedback to manufacturing management based on in-process and final inspection results, information identified by product returns, measurement of performance against established goals, etc.
- Ensures the company's products, processes and documentation are in compliance with ISO