Required Qualifications and Competencies
1. 5 or more years of hands-on experience as production control manager in medium or large manufacturing environment (Preferably in Oil and Gas, automotive or organizations requiring extensive project management) working heavily with master scheduling and planning.
2. 4-Year College degree, Advanced degree preferred but not required.
3. Strong Communication skills (writing and verbal)
4. Extremely advantageous for candidates that can speak Japanese.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
1. High level of proficiency in MS Products including, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
2. High level of understanding and applications in material planning, supply chain management and production scheduling and planning using ERP Systems (EPICOR/Vantage preferred)
3. Must have skills and experience in document organization.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
5. Must have professional writing and verbal communication skills.
6. Must have skills in business negotiation, bargaining, time management and business acumen.
7. Must be able to treat all suppliers and vendors fairly and equally.
8. Ability to create and manage production scheduling and planning.
9. Ability to read and understand ISO drawings, P&ID and GA.
10. Understanding of API, ASME and other regulations and codes.
11. Experience in Lean manufacturing and Kaizen.
12. Understanding and effective use of 5S.
13. Experience in ISO9001/14001 and 18001.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
1. Manage and oversee Production Control personal and work with Production and Engineering Managers to ensure optimal efficiency to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
2. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by enforcing safety rules and guidelines, identifying and correcting work hazards and coaches employees on safety.
The Production Control Manager is responsible to ensure that all deliverables for project execution are met by each department. The PC Manager leads the overall scheduling, master planning, manufacturing workload forecasts, ensuring timely delivery and availability of drawings, documents and materials and fabrication progress for all projects to ensure the on-time completion and delivery of all projects. The position requires effective leadership, strong communication, being hands-on in creating forms and reports and coordinating effectively with various departments and parties both internally and externally to assure all departments are aligned with the production goals and deadlines. The manager is responsible for reporting accurate, realistic deadlines and schedules, forecasts and monitoring and reporting the status and performance of Engineering, Procurement, Quality Control and Production departments. This role is accountable for the overall performance of departmental operations as directed by the General Manager of Operations. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.