Temp to Hire
Company Overview: We design, develop, and manufacture a broad line of RFI/EMC calibration and test equipment in North Hollywood, California.
Job Summary: Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates electronic equipment containing a mix of discrete components and ICs. Quality control inspection of equipment.
- Operation of test equipment, including network analyzers and oscilloscopes, and analysis/interpretation of test data.
- Setting up standard test apparatus or devising test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of the production model.
- Testing, modification, repair, calibration and certification of electronic components, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot PC boards and electronic circuits containing capacitors, resistors, IC's, transistors, etc.
- Installing components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and assembly casings, using bolts and soldering.
- Reading and interpretation of CAD and schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, engineering instructions, work orders, and reports of electronic components in order to determine assembly instructions and materials requirements.
- Writing reports, recording data, and documenting testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
- Submitting computer reports using Microsoft Office software, itemizing repair requirements (parts and labor) so written estimates can be prepared for customers.
- Following procedures to ensure properly documented quality control.
Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to follow directions.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, browser, and e-mail software.
- Assembly experience; build, adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components using hand tools and soldering iron. Good soldering skills required.
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of RF concepts and/or RF experience desirable.
- Knowledge of/experience with A2LA accreditation desirable.
Education and Experience:
Two-year school (A.S) or vocational school for electronics desirable. 5+ years' experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca 92117