This position is a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of land development engineering, including hydraulics, hydrology, storm drain, sewer, street design and grading plans. Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques to assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the design work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and assists in developing solutions to unusual or complex design requirements.
- Provides assistance to project managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping client informed on progress.
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affection his particular area of expertise. Attends technical seminars, workshops and conferences to expand his knowledge in all areas of land development.
- May coordinate the work of drafters and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Experienced in the operation of AutoCAD and / or Microstation CAD programs as well as LDT and / or Inroads design programs.
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DEEMED NECESSARY
Education: Requires a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four year college.
Licensure: Preference will be given to candidates with E.I.T. who are taking steps to prepare for the R.C.E. examination.
Experience: Two to five years experience in all aspects of design for land development projects. Has developed good working knowledge of several computerized design and drafting techniques.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca 92117