The MRO Buyer is responsible for the procurement of MRO, Asset, Warranty, Outsource Services, preparing RFQ documents, receiving vendor quotations, negotiating pricing/delivery with suppliers and placing orders. This position also acts as administrative support for the Procurement Department. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies :
1. Two to Four years MRO buying experience in a Large Manufacturing facility
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
1. Project management skills
2. Strong decision making, organization, prioritization and negotiation skills.
3. Understanding of practice of 5S.
4. Ability to utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
5. Must be organized and punctual.
6. Utilize company equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner. 7. Compliant with all company rules and regulations.
8. Goal oriented with career expectations.
9. Adhere to and enforcement of company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
10. Develop and maintain professional supplier relationships.