Development responsibilities for the design of advanced high frequency uninterruptible power supplies with analog and digital control.
- Must have high levels of self motivation and successful hands-on experiences with the design of all aspects of UPS products using advanced state-of-the-art technology like ZVS using Si and SiC power devices.
- Emphasis is on high level of technical competence with innovative circuit design and systems design based upon strong history of product design successes.
- First project is the completion of a very flexible high frequency isolated UPS product design. Company has a continuous stream of follow on development projects.
- Requirements are for the successful candidate to have experiences with a wide range of high frequency-based power conversion topologies for DC-DC Converters, 1-phase and 3-phase Power Factor Correctors, Inverters (1-phase and 3-phase), Chargers, etc. and with the integration of embedded microcontroller and DSP support systems for the most efficient hardware and firmware control integrated end product.
- Able to work independently using embedded microcontroller/DSP circuitry and digital communications interface with UPS.
- Must be able to design circuits and integrated systems to achieve very highly reliable and cost-effective power conversion products for volume production.
- BSEE or MSEE with power conversion technologies (AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC) emphasis.
- 8-10 years closely related experience with UPS topologies design, detailed circuit design and product implementation.
- Must be able to direct the layout of design circuit boards to achieve noise free products efficiently to move products to producible state in short time frames.
- EMC/EMI circuit design and magnetic design (like Inductor and Transformer) experiences are required.
- Must be able to prioritize work load and work in a multitasking small company fast track environment.
- Good communication and documentation skills are required.