Brief Summary of Position:
Train and support machine shop personnel in producing quality products and on-time delivery to our customer.
Acts as liaison to the departments to assist in providing an uninterrupted flow of scheduled work and required materials. Must be able to work from complex blueprints and drawings, perform standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, adjusts program settings as related to tool feeds and speeds. Will be required to produce the best quality and quantity of manufactured parts.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Interpret Technical Drawings and use knowledge to setup metal working processes, work holding fixtures, process steps and equipment and tooling selection
- Setup and prove out processes on CNC Machines, Lathes, mills, and related CNC equipment.
- Selection of CNC metal cutting tools, drills, and end mills, inserts, etc.
- Inspect machines parts using standard inspection equipment, height stands, micrometer, calipers, gauging, etc.
- Conceptualize, design and manufacture part holding fixtures for low and high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing process issues, fixtures, machines, and tooling.
- Work with and provide feedback to various departments and customers; Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Purchasing.
- Monitor CNC processes and implement proactive solutions; process improvements, line flow, quality, and efficiency.
- Research new manufacturing methods to maintain a competitive edge within the industry
- Exceptional mechanical skills and aptitude
- Must be able to work independently and/or in a Team environment.
Requirements (education, prior work experience, special skills, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in machine shop environment.
- 1-3 years' experience in a lead role with the ability to lead, train and troubleshoot CNC machinist
- Minimum 10 years' experience setting up and operating CNC machines; experience on Swiss Screw machines a plus.
- Machine shop math (Trigonometry and basic math).
- Highly skilled in reading blueprints with GD&T call outs
- Highly skilled in reading and reviewing machine programs.
- Experience performing 1st Article Inspection.
- Knowledge of SPC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.