Under general supervision performs highly complex job setups operations to produce parts on a production basis. Sets up and operates a variety of machines to perform diversified machining operations working from blueprints and sketches. Performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds and feeds of machining, and use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
Verifies conformance of finished work piece to customer requirements according to shop planning and work order.
Complies with quality systems, including correctly completing all related documents.
Must be willing to work overtime when required to meet customer demands.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Set up and operate on a production such conventional machines as a turret lathe, engine lathe, or milling machine to perform machining operations.
- Selects required fixtures, materials, mounts and aligns tooling attachments and materials in proper relationship.
- Measures a variety of precision machined parts for conformance to prescribed tolerances.
- Inserts tool holders or installs preset-set tools in machine.
- Sets and sharpens tools, as necessary.
- Monitors machine operations and inspects machined parts to ensure job specifications.
- Sets and adjust speeds, feeds and depth of cut to machine parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
- Follows a variety of standard methods to inspect intricate parts.
- Improve machining methods and develops tooling to improve the process.
Requirements (education, prior work experience, special skills, etc.)
Note: The requirements listed below represent the knowledge and skill/experience required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- Machine shop experience (three years minimum);
- Machine shop math (trigonometry and basic math);
- Must have own tools.