3 Month Contract, pay is $18-$25/hour depending on direct experience
Assembles, tests, and repairs, precision electro-mechanical equipment, cabling, boxes, and racks used in computers, electronic instruments, and similar electronic systems, following blueprints, diagrams, and verbal and written instructions. Requires a high degree of precision, ability to interpret detailed specifications and instructions, and use of independent judgment and knowledge gained by over two years of training and experience. Typical operations may include mil-spec cable assembly, rack builds, box builds, PC board assembly.
Essential duties and responsibilities
E/M assembly and mil spec cable assembly with soldering as secondary.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as jigs, fixtures, crimpers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc…
- Utilize power tools such as electric screw drivers, etc…
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience or equivalent
- Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Basic measuring skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Experience with mil-spec cable assembly, box build, rack assembly.
- Soldering skills related to PC board assembly desirable.