Salary: $70-$75K Field Service Allowance: $150/daily and $200/daily for any offshore work.
Southern CA Home Base
The Electrical Controls Engineer travels to various local and international sites to perform the pre-commissioning or the commissioning of the compressor systems; troubleshoots the control system for our compressors by configuring various types of instruments and various types of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) as well as Vibration Monitoring Systems. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
1. B.S. Electrical Engineering
2. Must have proven experience in PLC, HMI logic and programming within different software packages (Rockwell, Siemens, Client ,Omron)
3. Some experience in computer-assisted engineering, design and office software (i.e. AutoCAD, EPlan, Excel, etc.).
4. Moderate to Expert level experience in programming, testing and simulating control systems (i.e. transmitters, control valves, PLC's, and control panels).
5. Valid Driver's License issue by the state of residence and good standing.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
1. Good communication and leadership skills are a must for successful interaction with team members and clients.
2. Self-motivated, and willing to take control of a project.
3. Strong interpersonal communication skills and a team player to work well with the project team and others.
4. Display of professionalism at all times, and represent the company with the highest standards.
5. Strong time management and organizational skills.
6. Knowledge of electrical engineering and familiarity with applicable codes, standards and acceptable industry practices.
7. Knowledge of compressor operational requirements.
8. Ability to read wiring diagrams and blueprints.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The position directs and assists onsite and customer personnel on internal and interconnection wiring; as well as data acquisition personnel of communication protocols.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
1. Engineering office environment, production shop environment, and customer meetings.
2. Able to lift maximum of 25lbs.
3. Prolong standing, noisy, hazardous cold and hot environments.
4. Work for long periods of time in secluded areas such as Off-shore platforms.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.