The Systems Engineer is responsible for independently managing and executing compressor system packaging projects from customer purchase order through engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and system commissioning on schedule and within budget. This position has substantial discretion, autonomy and independence in the execution of his/her duties, decisions and/or responsibilities.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
1. B.S Mechanical Engineering or related engineering fields
2. 1-3 years work experience in an engineering environment or experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
1. Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments as required.
2. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Displays ownership/responsibility of projects and assignments.
4. Ability to problem solve with minimal support.
5. Knowledge of American Petroleum Institute (API) standards specially 619 and 614.
6. Excellent technical writing skills.
7. Strong knowledge of engineering principles.
8. Knowledge of rotating machinery auxiliary equipment.
9. Competent with Microsoft Office.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
1. Engineering office environment. (50~90%)
2. Production shop floor. (5~25%)
3. Some travel required for meetings with clients and vendors to include technical clarifications, project presentations, and other related issues. (5~25%)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.