Temp to Hire
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Job Description
Monday through Friday
The Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, modification and repair of electro-mechanical, electronic, electrical instrumentation and control systems within a web handling and roll to roll production environment. This position will support the Control Systems Engineer, Control Systems Team and other Mechanical Maintenance Technicians involved in production machine maintenance and upgrades.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance (PM's) on production machines.
- Assist production department by maintaining and fixing electronics and/or equipment.
- Assist in the design, prototype development and testing of electronic components and production machines.
- Perform calibration of instrumentation, electronic equipment and control loops associated with machine processes according to technical manuals and specifications.
- Detect causes of electronic and electrical failures, interpret and insure compliance with established codes.
- Able to work and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Able to work on basic mechanical components such as gearboxes, AC/DC motors, air compressors, brakes, clutches, pneumatic systems, etc.
- Assist with basic care and cleaning of facility when there is down time.
- Maintain equipment, parts and supply inventories by checking stock inventory, anticipating needs and placing purchase requests and expediting orders.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing daily responsibilities.
- Report assigned work completion and updates, including any unusual technical or personnel issues to management.
- Maintain daily logbook of work performed.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform above duties listed within the facility.
- Will be exposed to dusty and noisy conditions periodically.
- Work will be performed in and industrial manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, counters, spectrum analyzers, data acquisition and other test equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair facilities and equipment.
- Understanding of intermediate math including geometry and trigonometry, in all units of measure.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages, and to draw and interpret charts and graphs.
- Prioritize and review assigned work.
- Maintain routine records.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Employee is occasionally requested to climb ladders and equipment.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and identify colors.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92117