Temp to Hire
Maintenance Technician Job Description
The Maintenance Technician supports the Engineering Manager of Maintenance Technicians involved in one or more craft specialties; train and provide work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Daily PM's
- Assist production department by maintaining and fixing electronics and or equipment
- Assist in the design and testing of electronic components and equipment
- Conduct life tests on assemblies and record and analyze results
- Inspect and test electronic equipment , components, and assemblies using multi-meters circuit testers, oscilloscopes, logic probes and other test equipment
- Build and test prototypes to specifications, may work on multiple projects at a time
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions
- Able to work on basic mechanical components such as gearboxes, AC/DC motors, air compressors, brakes, clutches, etc.
- Assist with basic care and cleaning of facility when there is down time in between repairs.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock inventory, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Organized Technicians involved in craft specialties.
- PO, inventory dealing with vendors quotes.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Assist manager in scheduling work and determining needs for equipment and supplies.
- Report to manager regarding work completed referring unusual technical or personnel issues.
- Monitor work of assigned crew members.
- Perform a variety skilled work in the maintenance and repair facilities and equipment; prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Must be able to perform above duties listed in the plant and plant office.
- Will be exposed to dusty and noisy conditions periodically.
- Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair facilities and equipment.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel in the performance of a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Maintain routine records.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee is occasionally requested to climb ladders and equipment for maintenance reasons or equipment
- Employee must occasionally lift and or move more than 50lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92117