Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Evaluates GD&T requirements of drawings and determines inspection techniques to measure those requirements.
- Generates CMM programs for use in inspecting products.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Perform inspections and generate Certificates of Conformance as required or directed.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure conformance to requirements.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Participates in all aspects of QMS, as requested, such as root cause analysis and corrective action planning, implementation and verification.
- Exhibits leadership within the quality department and performs all job duties in a professional manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.