Possibility of 100% remote work after predetermined period
The Civil Engineer Project Manager leads a team of planners, designers and staff to transform the dreams
of our clients into brick and mortar. The position is really a composite of many jobs client liaison, civil
designer and team leader. We pride ourselves on giving project managers both the flexibility and the
support required to run and own projects.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Current CA P.E. license required. 57 years minimum experience in a responsible position with exposure to technical applications, management of projects and staff interaction.
- Strong design skills using AutoCAD and Civil 3D for land development design including the areasof grading, drainage, streets, sewers, storm drains and utilities.
- Ability to apply proven principles of civil engineering within the context of an aggressive serviceoriented business environment.
- Superior leadership and interpersonal abilities.
- Expertise in the preparation of grading plans, utility plans, site plans and the preparation of preliminary cost estimates.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Will assist the Director with marketing and client development for the Division.
- Identify design criteria and oversee an efficient design and plan preparation.
- Solve design problems using engineering calculations and following general design standards.
- Establish project controls and ensure accuracy and quality in plans.
- Ensure technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications and followup.
- Spearhead plan processing at public agencies.
- Interface daily with our clients, develop proposals, negotiate scopes and fees, ensure timely billing and collections and change orders.
- Manage project staff to include design engineers and CAD operators, with the ability to mentor junior design staff in basic engineering procedures and techniques.
- healthcare plans such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Life, and LTD/ STD.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92117