Room for Growth- Predetermined path for advancement
Nevada Professional Engineering License Required- Candidates with C.A P.E. License will be considered, but must be able to obtain Nevada P.E. license within 90 days.
Compensation: $70,000-$120,000 /year
We are currently looking for an exceptional, highly motivated individual to join our Reno, Nevada team as an Airport Engineering Project Manager.
Responsible for the direction and management of FAA and State DOT aviation projects within an assigned client base in the states of California and Nevada, eventually working toward serving as a State Program Manager. Project Management includes the entire life cycle of a project: capital improvement planning, grant facilitation, land acquisition, design, bidding, construction administration, and closeout. Projects include the federally-funded airport improvement program and state airport improvement programs. Added management responsibilities include compliance with objectives contained within the statewide aviation systems plans, individual airport master plans, safety regulations, environmental laws, federal land acquisition, federal grant assurance requirements, all federal and state design standards, and airspace matters.
Essential Functions or Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong commitment to the Values of the Company. He/She will have the ability to manage complex and high-value projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing the quality of effectiveness, make sound decisions for the benefit of the project and the Company, and be able to consistently meet project deadlines while always maintaining a high level of quality.
- Knowledge and application of FAA Advisory Circulars for airport design and construction. Including but not limited to: runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons, grading/drainage, and pavement markings.
- Coordinate and schedule work to meet project goals on time and on budget
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of civil and airport/aviation engineering principles.
- Assists in the preparation of complete project documentation to include plans, specifications, and engineer estimates including the collection, assembling, and organizing of project data
- Ability to mentor and train Engineers-in-Training.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to work within a variety of team environments, including varying team sizes and personnel.
- Prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Perform the necessary research and analyses to deliver work accurately and completely.
- Communicating with clients, project team members, and Senior Airport Engineer Project Manager to create/maintain shared expectations.
- Develop production work plans, schedules, and budgets
- Developing contract specifications and bid estimates
- Liaise and coordinate with engineering design staff and other disciplines to meet project objectives
- Assists in the preparation of project scopes, tasks, budgets, and schedules.
- Assists with proposals, including bid documents, project reports, and other documentation.
- Airport design experience preferred. Experience in municipal, commercial, or residential site civil design and project management may be considered.
- Business development/client management experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of general office equipment, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe PDF editor required
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus
- Accurate daily timekeeping
- Perform other duties and interdepartmental functions as assigned
- Employee travel transportation can and may involve company-owned, private and or leased aircraft along with company, personal owned or leased vehicles
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent field of study
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in civil engineering
- Current or ability to obtain a California P.E. License within 90 days
- Valid drivers' license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record
There may be supervisory responsibilities associated with this position as the Reno office grows.
San Diego, Ca. 92117