Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates a 1Centerless Grinder to grind external cylindrical or tapered surfaces of rotating metal to specific blueprint specifications, following instructions and applying knowledge of grinding procedures.
OD/ ID Grinding operator duties are to grind parts to blue prints hold dims on prints or verbal instructions from mold makers. Grind parts in a timely manner and using the proper equipment for the job. And maintain equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reads and interprets blueprints as needed.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads machine.
- Understands, interprets and programs when needed.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses fixtures and tooling.
- Can modify work blades and work rests & dress wheels as needed.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance task on machine.
- Verifies Dimension for conformance using micrometers, calipers & ring gages.
- Utilizes and abides by requirements and safety procedures.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Effective communication and understanding of job instructions both verbally and written.
- Problem solving skills needed to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to detail with precision equipment and product.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Grinding operator must be able to set up and run OD/ID grinders center less grinders, dedtrues, and diaform dressers. Be able to read blueprints and work to very close tolerances + or - .0001, and have their own personal measuring tools.
- Machines expected to run:
- Manual od/id grinder
- Centerless grinder
- Dedtru is a plus
- Cnc OD / id grinder a plus
- Also inspect his or her own work before passing it off to the next department.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.