The Electronic Hardware group is responsible to produce electronic design and high reliable electronic hardware. In this position, you will report to the Manager-Electronics Hardware
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering required. MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• 10+ years' experience designing analog circuits, power supplies and power circuits at the PCB level.
• Should have design experience from Concept to Production.
• Should have involved in two or more successful new product introductions.
• Strong desire of bringing quality products to market on time and within budget
• Experience in small to medium volume production environment
• Thorough knowledge of analog circuitry, with deep expertise in one or more of the following: Buck, boost, buck-boost, fly back, SEPIC and variant topologies. DC voltage up to couple of 100V
AC 3phase Power supply design. AC voltages up to 480V
Energy storage and motion control, H-bridge circuitry
Transformer & Inductor design
Constant Current Source
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Designing, simulating and troubleshooting analog circuits, Power supplies and Power electronics circuits
• Designing and testing electronic circuitry in lab
• Architecting complex, multi-disciplinary systems
• Participating in cross-functional teams at multiple geographic locations.
• Defining systems-level product qualification testing, life testing and production test requirements
• Writing requirement documents, functional specifications, hardware test plans, and design documentation
• Providing engineering support for existing product lines
• Occasional travel up to one week required.
• Experience with high power circuit board layout on mixed-signal boards, circuit board debugging, able to rework SMD and supervise technicians
• Experience with high voltage/high power electronics, design for EMC compliance and mitigation is highly desirable.
• Experience in: feedback control systems, design verification & validation, writing requirement documents, writing specification documents, developing test plans & following stage gate development process.
• Well-versed in DFR (FMEA, Root cause determination, Tolerance analysis, Derating analysis), DFM & DFT techniques
• Knowledge of Engineering analysis, Simulation models, Electric power system control & protection desired, Electronic components, Risk assessment, Six Sigma design
• Knowledge of schematic and board layout tools such as Allegro, Cadence & ORCAD
• Proficiency with relevant lab instrumentation (scopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, network analyzers, power analyzer, etc.)
• Proficiency with mathematical analysis tools such as MATLAB, MathCAD, Excel & Simulation tools (Ex: PSpice)
• Must be self-motivated, well organized, and productive with minimal direct supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.