To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering. MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
5 years of experience in the design of digital circuits as well as embedded System hardware, including • VHDL/Verilog coding of custom Digital designs for implementation on FPGAs and custom hardware
• Component substitution due to obsolescence and cost reduction of digital design and processing environments
• Board-level design of Embedded System design, DSP/Processor Hardware design, FPGA design and discrete digital design.
• Use of Digital Signal Processing chips and/or cores
• Use of General-Purpose Processors and/or microcontrollers
• Design for cost reduction, testability, and manufacturing
• Design for low power operation
• Experience with high speed PC board layout with mixed signal circuitry
• Hardware design/acceptance testing Developing test procedures Performing test procedures
• Hardware production/unit testing
• Use and implementation of standard interfaces such as GPS, Ethernet, RS-232 serial, IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, ZigBee
Desirable Additional Qualifications
Experience with ARM general purpose processors
Experience with TI Digital Signal Processing (DSP) chips/cores
Experience with Bus timing Analysis
Experience creating detailed documentation, especially for FPGA.
Participate in a small team of hardware and software engineers providing Hardware architectural designs, detail digital designs, sustaining engineering and new product features.
Design (Discrete, CPLD & FPGA), simulate and troubleshoot mixed signal electronic circuits.
PC board layout design of mixed signal hardware platforms
Design of test plans for mixed signal hardware
Execution of digital hardware testing
Design of production testing & help in test fixture development
Design of High-Speed serial interface
Documentation of digital hardware designs and interfaces (technical content generation)
Participate in reliability analysis and FME