Location:Yorba Linda, CA
Compensation: $60,000/yr. - $84,000/yr.
Direct Hire- Permanent
Reports To:Director of Engineering
A PCB Designer II is a professional with 3-5+ years of experience in PCB layout. In this role, the individual will work across multiple department to design, develop, and validate printed circuit boards and computer systems. This individual will perform:
- design, layout
- Gerber translation
- schematic synchronization
- footprint creation
- parts library checking and merging
- fabrication drawings and verification of complex multi-layer (14 layer+) printed circuit board
- create BOM and documentation used in the manufacturing assembly process and will work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers
- responsible for forming project teams when projects become large or are beyond their skill set, experience, or abilities. Excellent writing and verbal skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, work in a team environment and be self-directed is a must. HS Diploma or higher required.
- Perform detail parts placement, layout, analysis, verification, simulation, and related work on new and existing printed circuit boards and complex assemblies.
- Create and verify footprints for merging into shared parts libraries.
- Participate in all phases of design activities.
- Create prototypes, test plans and procedures where necessary and participate in test
- Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and design verification activities.
- Support technical proposal generation.
- Generate all necessary design and assembly documentation and parts lists in accordance with established procedures and methods in a timely fashion.
- Work closely and share innovative ideas with engineering, sales, and manufacturing.
- Work with Contract Manufacturers to integrate feedback from DFM/DFA checks and production builds.
- Update PCB design process and checklists with improvements.
- In-depth experience with PADS Layout, ORCAD Capture CIS, and AutoCAD 2D.
- Working knowledge of matched impedance, differential pairing, routing techniques and EMF control.
- Complete understanding of PCB design rules, fabrication specifications and processes.
- Working knowledge of high-speed design and techniques.
- Knowledge of a variety of PCB board form factors and specifications including PCI, PCIe, PMC, VME, Power Supplies, CPUs, etc.
- Computer literate using the Windows operating system and MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, and email applications.
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M-1994 drafting and tolerance standards.
- Working knowledge of IPC-2221, IPC-7351, IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-610 standards.
- In-depth experience in the design and construction of complex electro-mechanical systems.
- The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic and other forms, and move projects to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- IPC CID certification.
- Experience with RF components
- Working knowledge of mechanical design and SolidWorks.
- Experience working with defense contracts and contractors.
- Understanding of military specifications and requirements.
- Military background is a plus.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92117