- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Knowledge and Experience:
Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Virtual Private Network. Internet Protocol TCPIP, Managed Switches, Routers, Hubs, Cisco Firewall.
Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server (03-08)
SQL Server, Citrix, Backup Exec, Antivirus Software, MS Office, Web Browsers (IE, Firefox), Real Page/Onesite, Hotelogix, Guest Tracker
Experience building and repairing personal computers. Must be familiar with server hardware, RAID configurations, hard drive controller installation, CPU Multithread processing, hardware redundancies.
- Bachelor's degree and previous related work experience.
- Property Management industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.