JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Quality Coordinator/Technician will have the responsibility for multi-disciplined data and records control and assemblage for customer review and product sale, along with QA technician support in an inspection and/or lab environment. The scope of responsibilities entails close coordination with Accounting, Contract Administration, Engineering, Purchasing, and Production departments.
- Support AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) registration and ongoing certification via compliance to assigned processes and tasks.
- Conduct internal audits for manufacturing and quality assurance systems.
- File, Retrieve, Store, Archive, Assemble, customer specific documents & directories to ensure product specifications, blue prints, etc. are built to latest revision per applicable customer requirements and purchase orders.
- Coordinate Change Orders with all applicable departments
- Interface with Contract Admin. & review customer purchase orders for quality requirements and documentation packages compliance.
- Assemble Manufacturing Records into a portfolio (Doc Package) in preparation for product sale.
- Generate Certificates of Conformance and shipping documents as applicable
- Develop and review inspection plans, including First Articles, and First Article Reports in accordance with AS9102
- Write Stock purge tickets & deviation requests as needed to ensure contract requirements are met.
- Support Quality Engineering & coordinate customer complaints C/A's.
- Create forms, checklists & work instructions to update & standardize quality practices.
- Distribute the latest revision documents to all users, and ensure obsolete records are removed from points of use.
- Perform clerical duties as required.
- Perform basic inspection tasks, using portable inspection tools such as caliper and micrometer
- Perform basic material test lab tests/functions such as density testing, weighing, measuring, sampling, preparing test coupons, and calculating test results and analyzing and reporting results.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to read blue prints, drawings, parts lists, BOM's and configuration trees
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to stay focused and carryout tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy as the person comes in contact with sensitive documents.
- Ability to prioritize, manages time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills is a must with ability to communicate issues with internal and external customers.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge & well-versed in Microsoft Office products. Experience with any other document control software is highly desirable.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly organized.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasize in configuration management or related field.
- Prefer candidate with Aerospace experience
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean. Maintain housekeeping of personal work area, work department areas, and overall company surroundings to company standards of safety and professionalism.