Machinist II to perform setups of CNC Machines.
2nd Shift: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to edit CNC Programs.
• Change program in order to make parts to print.
• Operate CNC lathes and/or Mills.
• Bore Jaws and/or make work holding fixtures.
• Produce and maintain all part characteristics according to specifications with
tolerances as low as .001".
• Visually inspect tools for excessive wear.
• Select and install tooling as required by the documentation.
• Inspect parts for acceptance using proper inspection procedures
• Maintain and replace fluids daily in the machines.
• Adhere to all safety procedures and company policies.
• Assist shop production by helping co-workers.
• Maintain work area housekeeping and assist in department/team housekeeping
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Project Management software; (Microsoft Office-Intermediate+) Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is medium noise grade.