The Quality Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the landscape.
*** MUST HAVE A CURRENT CWI OR SCWI CERTIFICATION ***
*** RESUMES WITHOUT THIS CERTIFICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ***
- Responsible for all quality assurance related internal audits in adherence with regulatory standards.
- Monitor production and workflow in progress to ensure that it complies with the applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements.
- Conducts routine inspection of equipment to ensure proper settings and operation
- Makes recommendations to improve production and workflow with emphasis on efficiency and safety.
- Approves repairs and finished product prior to shipment
- Submits inspection and rework reports.
- Performing internal audits.
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the quality system.
- Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
- Ensures that organizational systems and training is in place.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administering document control and configuration management system.
- Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable company Policies.
- Measure sites' performance against published requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Lead and mentor Associates in your assigned facility.
- Spend time in the shops and seek input from teams, Associates and leaders on program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required training.
- Must Hold an inspector certification from the American Welding Society; a CWI or SCWI
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in manufacturing, preferably in an Aluminum fabrication environment.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Knowledge of quality in aluminum fabrication environment, especially the relevant welding codes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication sills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- EHS experience preferred but not required.
- Aluminum Fabrication Shop or Manufacturing experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 50 people preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 4 years (Required)
- CWI or SCWI (Required)