Microwave Engineer I with strong current and past engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
Microwave Engineer I is responsible for performing highly complex MW engineering and MW backhaul engineering activities supporting the design, development and optimization of a wireless network; including microwave backhaul network design per specified design rules and topology guidelines.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Sr Microwave Manager, and may require some travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guide and support in planning, design, development and optimization efforts of a microwave network
- Work independently or within a team environment.
- Ensure that project schedules are met.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Microwave links KPI
- Filling and tracking PCNs
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- 5+ years of relevant wireless experience, including MW Design, Performance Monitoring
- Experience with Path Loss,Ellipse or equivalent required
- Experience with 6 GHz - 42 GHz MW Frequencies and Millimeter Wave to include 70-80-90 GHz
- Experience with Monitoring of MW links, troubleshooting and resolving degraded links
- Assisting with troubleshooting degraded KPIs related to MW link Performance
- Basic RF Design and Optimization - Knowledge and/or work experience
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, facilitator and communication skills
- Design and document of statewide complex microwave links and topology for existing and new sites
- Review LOS studies, site visits as necessary
- Analyze Microwave path analysis based on diverse maps or terrain databases, radio path calculations and antenna sizing, frequency planning
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills a must
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred