Job Duties and Responsibilities
Transport Facilities Engineer with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
Our Transports are the foundation upon which our 5G infrastructure efficiently operates, and our innovative services delivered. The Facilities Engineering team will be responsible for design, retrofit and upgrade projects, ensuring our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly; leading critical projects cross-functionally, as well as work independently, leading deep dives and expert analyses.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Wireless Facilities Manager, and may require some travel.
Responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Lead complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and R&D.
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Prepare electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future Transport design reviews.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Travel to Transport sites to lead or support engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Evaluate Transport commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted Transports.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update Transport electrical "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Review electrical mission critical system changes with local Transport operations teams.
- Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
- Develop innovative and efficient improvement through lessons learned and Design Change Management.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource concerning operations of Transport facilities and equipment, specifically for sites in the construction phase.
- Coordinate manufactured equipment testing participation and personally support when needed.
- Coordinate with the site teams to establish all required service contracts prior to handover.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new Transports.
Transport Facilities Engineer minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 10 plus years of experience in one of these disciplines.
- Eight plus years' experience with construction and/or operations of mission critical facilities.
- Experience with standard Transport equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution and generator power systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
- Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems.
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience.
- Knowledge of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies.
- Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility.
- Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Electrical Professional Engineer (PE) registration (Candidates on track to complete this will be considered as well)