Temp to Hire
Comp: $18/hr. + 5% shift differential ($18.90/hr.)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision, performs visual and dimensional inspections, work order review, and packaging to support production operations of high quality medical device components of varying complexity, while minimizing scrap.
- Adhere to production schedules which are consistent with goals and objectives.
- Identify quality issues and participate in the continuous improvement of manufacturing/inspection processes consistent with high quality and low product cost.
- Works from STANDARD OPERTAING PROCEDURES (SOP), WORK INSTRUCTIONS (WI), and instructions detailed in inspection documents / travelers.
- Perform quality checks (in-process, final, etc.) on components.
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and other measuring or inspection equipment.
- Interact with support groups to maintain production schedules.
- Work with other individuals and groups to resolve line issues and suggest improvements.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation, including Output charts and job status board.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures and other ISO regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of current methods and techniques used in manufacturing / inpsection.
- Work required overtime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education and Training
- A High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Ideally a minimum of 1~2 years of related experience, preferably including two areas: directly related medical device manufacturing, machining and quality control.
- Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to operate SMALL precision measurement tools (such as CALIPER, MICROMETER, MICROSCOPE) and STANDARD inspection equipment.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches, make essential computations is required.
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, to follow detailed verbal and written instructions, anticipate likely needs and take appropriate actions, while working with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member; flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines within quality standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to adapt to changing work priorities; and ability to maintain good working relationships while dealing appropriately with a variety of personal contacts within the organization.
- Requires proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English; good arithmetic skills and attention to detail to maintain records and read instructions.
- Conscientious and self-motivated approach to work assignments and in matters of personal work organization, record-keeping, following instructions and maintaining quality standards.
- Regular and punctual attendance and dependability in meeting commitments and deadlines are essential functions of this position.
- Must be available and willing to work flexible schedules, as needed.
2665 Ariane Drive
San Diego, CA. 92117