The Transport Data Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the data interconnection in a wireless network.This person may also be responsible for specifying equipment, APIs, virtual resources, etc. to create world class data services for customers.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience working with Internet Exchange Points (IPX) and Tier 1 telco hotels/data centers.
- Define data interconnection requirements including APIs, transport interfaces and other interconnection.
- Develop peering, IP transit and other interconnection requirements for the 5G network.
- Manage data traffic flows and recommend network changes as traffic profiles change.
- Define and later support the implementation of peering agreements and interconnection.
- Understanding of traffic engineering, Internet access services and Ethernet services.
- System architecture including reliability, security and redundancy requirements.
- Working knowledge of various applicable standards and frameworks: IETF, MEF, etc.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ability to define and manage performance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- 8 + years Internet / Telecommunications Network experience.
- Working knowledge of DNS and BGP.
- Working knowledge of virtualization and software defined networking.
- Must have a strong understanding of O-RAN and other 5G architectures.
- Familiarity with optical networking and interfaces.
- Extensive work with data centers and familiarity with virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades.
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree preferred.