This is an onsite position. No remote work will be allowed.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. WiFi Optimization Engineer. We believe the country is heading into a recession. This is a great time to take on a long term assignment. If you are interested in learning more about this position, please reach out to us and let us know.
-This is a contract assignment lasting 6 - 12 months.
-Per Diem Split is available in applicable situations.
-Pay Rate is $48.00/hour - $58.00/hour; Rate Depends on experience and W2 vs 1099.
The Job description for this position as follow:
The person should have 5-7 years of experience with the below mentioned experience.
• Expert level understanding of 802.11 networks including 802.11ax
• Expert level understanding of 802.11 MAC and PHY layers and RF characteristics
• Hands on experience with performance tuning and optimization
• Advanced understanding of Public WiFi architecture in high density environments
• Working experience dealing with WiFi at venues and outdoor environments
• Intermediate level understanding of 802.1x security (RADIUS is a plus)
• Hands on experience configuring controller based and autonomous access points
• In-depth understanding of Spectrum and packet capture/analysis (CWAP Preferred)
• Experience with site survey tools like AirMagnet, Ekahau(ECSE preferred)
• Hands on experience with Cisco, Ruckus controllers and Access Points
• Working knowledge of vendor specific systems like Cisco Prime, SCI, DNAC etc.
• Hands on experience installing WiFi probes and creating custom dashboards (7Signal preferred)
• Expertise defining WiFi network health/performance monitoring and KPIs and their use cases
• Must be able to assess current network and provide recommendations for performance improvement
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocols and IP networking
• Familiarity with Unix commands
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple internal/external stake holders at all levels
• Ability to recommend and document standard configurations for handoff to various teams
• Ability to work with multiple vendors and come up with solutions for improving WiFi performance
• Collaboration with standard bodies like Cable Labs, Wi-Fi Alliance, IEEE is a plus
• Ability to create and execute test strategy and test plans for various performance enhancement feature tuning
• Knowledge of SON, Client and AI is a plus
• Knowledge of Lab testing and scripting is a plus
• Minimum of Associate level WiFi certifications like CWNA, CCNA-Wireless (CWAP, CCIE-Wireless preferred)