The Product Development team drives the creation of new product solutions by exploiting new technologies to enable innovative product development for the fast-evolving electrical grid. Future electrical grid products and systems must deliver unparalleled user experience, outstanding long-term value, and profitable revenue streams. This role supports the development and production of interrupter technologies using specialized prototyping and testing laboratories that lead to new breakthrough products.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Conceptualize, design, and prototype unique interrupters that meet required switchgear specifications and relevant industry standards. Propose design elements that are useful and Client, which have the potential for IP protection.
· Collaborate with switchgear engineers to trade-off performance attributes at the interfaces between the switchgear and interrupter.
· Self-starting investigations to seek root causes for design performance using formal problem solving techniques.
· Design and test the performance of arc control structures.
· Author VI datasheets and design test programs to validate the performance of the product to the datasheet.
· Pursuing assignments with a "can do” attitude and sense of urgency.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
· MS or higher in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics with formal training in the design or application of medium voltage interrupters or related fields.
· Proven track record of substantive contributions, both analytical and conceptual, to new product developments and successful commercialization.
· Strong skills in identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, and resolving issues independently and in collaboration with multidisciplinary team
· Track record of working independently and contributing to a multi-disciplinary team.
· Ability to manage time and multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to combine disparate ideas into unique solutions
· Strong verbal (presentation) and written (reports) skills
· Strong proficiency using 3D CAD, circuit simulation, electromagnetic field FEA, and other software programs to support engineering calculations or designs.