The Customer Service Assistant's primary functions are to communicate with customers and vendors, and to enter, track and monitor customer purchase orders in our manufacturing software system. These orders will vary depending on the type of service the customer has requested. The Customer Service Assistant is responsible for verifying his/her work for quality.
The Customer Service Assistant reports to the Customer Service Supervisor and maintains a strong association with Shipping & Receiving personnel, manufacturing supervisors, the Quality Manager, and the General Manager in relation to customer accounts.
1. Responsible for preparing and maintaining service order activity worksheets for all completed work.
2. Monitor the flow of customer orders.
3. Contact other departments when necessary to resolve customer's request.
4. Insure that all order entry requests are completed in a timely manner.
1. Perform other related duties as requested by the Customer Service Supervisor.
2. Adhere to company practices and regulations.
3. Maintain work area in neat and orderly fashion.
4. Establish and adhere to a record of good attendance and punctuality.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
6. Complete any special projects as assigned.
7. Work in a safe manner; adhere to the safety guidelines set forth in company policy.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to learn all aspects of the job by on-the-job-training.
2. Must be detail oriented.
3. Maintain knowledge of company structure and personnel.
4. Maintain positive attitude towards co-workers and customers.
5. Practice honesty and integrity in all dealings.
6. Practice effective time management.
7. Troubleshooting ability.
8. Possess professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
1. One year customer service experience.
2. Experience with Epicor or similar ERP system.