A Quality Control Inspector performs assessment, documentation, and organization tasks to support the efficiency and effectiveness of their organization's supply chain. Their duties and responsibilities include:
- Inspecting output finish product using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions and examining functionality
- Checking that the assembly or production adheres to standards and procedures and complying with customer's requirements
- Reviewing drawings and specifications to compare to raw, in-process and produced goods
- Recording inspection results by completing reports in uniPoint, summarizing re-works.
- Proposing improvements to the production process
- Monitoring the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and discard any that do not meet requirements
- Keeping measurement equipment operating accurately by following calibration requirements and sending them out for calibration when needed.
- Develop and conduct a variety of tests on inbound materials from vendors and outbound products for shipping
- Ensure that all the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase
- Create comprehensive documentation for quality issues and note the corrective actions that were taken.
Quality Control Inspector skills and qualifications
Quality Control Inspectors use a variety of soft skills and industry knowledge to ensure products are up to standards, including:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Basic computer and math skills to calibrate and measure specifications
- Ability to use measuring devices like gauges, meters, calipers, computers, and coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- In-depth understanding of company standards
- Up-to-date knowledge of federal and industry standards and best practices
- Understanding of customer's requirements
- Drawing reading capabilities
- Documentation and reporting skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- ISO 9001
- 5S – Six Sigma
- UT Level II (Required)
- VT Level II (Preferred)
- PT Level II (Preferred)