Reporting to Sales/Business Development, the Field Applications Engineer gives pre and post-sales technical support for key customers. The role is heavily focused on "hands-on (onsite and remote) customer installation and operational support for complex amplifier products. The FAE may also be involved in proposal preparation, sales demos, and product development.
- The position requires close cooperation and coordination with sales, engineering and business development to identify power amplifier solutions that respond to customers' needs.
- Travel or conduct remote sessions to support customer installation, product utilization & customer training.
- Provide sales personnel with technical support for the promotion and positioning of existing and new products, including participation in trade shows.
- Provide customer feedback to improve existing products and define new products.
- Pre-sales preparation of technical solution and proposal materials joint calls with Sales, as required.
- Have current and deep understanding of the next generation product portfolio of the company.
- Use internal tools (product configurator and Vantage system) to provide for approval a preliminary BOM to the Engineering Department based on customer requirements.
- Verify that the purchase order is being executed in accordance with the customer's requirements.
- Prepare sales demo -- with assistance from Engineering and Sales for customers in-house or off-site.
- BSEE or other BS degree, or equivalent RF industry experience.
- 5 + years of experience with high power amplifier products "hands-on experience with bench-level testing and transmission systems design or deployment is a plus.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) and ability to effectively convey technical value propositions that arise in pre-sales situations. Ability to travel as needed.
- Self-motivated and competitive, with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to excel.
- Demonstrated skills and references as both a team player and customer advocate inside the organization.