Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be proficient in Programing in CAM-WORKS (or similar program), and Soildworks.
- Must be familiar with HAAS Equipment.
- Train and supervise CNC machine operators in daily responsibilities and procedure enforcement consisting but not limited to; required documentation, tool life maintenance, daily machine maintenance requirements, Q.C. adjustments and machine error tracking etc.
- Problem Solving/Component Quality: Coordinate directly with QC department to validate part quality from QC reports. For any non-conforming issues, validate part setup, tool builds, fixture requirements and machine geometry and coordinate data with QC and Manufacturing Engineering to achieve the required resolution and expected quality.
- Using the forecasted machine schedule, proactively verify the machines are configured correctly with appropriate tooling, available tool life, and fixtures as required to meet the forecasted production schedule.
- Actively mentors and participates in the training of machinists. Includes goal setting and review, along with completion of annual performance review.
Supervise Machine Operators
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 15 years of working as a CNC programmer and operator.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read and understand component technical manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Proficient in basic geometry as applied to G-Code programming. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Driver's License
Other Skills and Abilities:
Able to program HAAS equipment.