Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Following specifications and calculations to create a various technical drawing.
- Able to create 3D CAD modeling, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed drawing with knowledge of using 2D CAD software such as AutoCAD.
- Experience creating detail and assembly drawings from SolidWorks part and assembly files
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
- Basic understanding of mechanical fabrication processes, castings, coatings, and materials preferred.
- Some experience or demonstrating understanding of mill, lathe, and welding preferred.
- Communicating with staff and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with regulations.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering or drafting
- Degree from a technical college
- 2+ years' experience but will consider new graduates with demonstrated aptitude.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is medium noise grade.