My client is doing leading edge design work to enable the deployment of next generation power amplifiers and the embedded computing that's integral to their performance advantages.
If you are tired of working on legacy designs, sustaining old systems, or otherwise laboring with limited prospects for intellectual or career advancement, you need to find out more about this opportunity.
This is an on-site direct hire opportunity. Must have experience with high-power amplifiers.
Job Title: RF Test Engineer
Pay Range: 100-120+K
Reporting to the Production Test Manager and partnering closely with our engineering teams, the RF Test Engineer develops and performs test solutions for RF products from concept through manufacturing release. He/she supports product development evaluations and final product characterization testing, and works with the development team in providing testability planning, strategies and methodologies.
- Work closely with internal operations and engineering teams to support product development and manufacturing.
- Specify and recommend test resources, processes, capabilities, and technology.
- Set-up test circuits to measure the electrical parameters of products.
- Test, update and repair PC circuit board using test stations and soldering equipment and/or tools.
- Participate in the assembly and testing of RF components within manufacturing.
- Use basic statistical tools, compare to charts, histograms, cause and effect diagrams, to evaluate electrical data for test variability and aid in problem solving.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, trade school education, electronic certification or equivalent professional training with 3+ years of experience in RF testing and basic manufacturing assembly skills.
- High-power amplifiers
- Capable of setting and adjusting each electrical test instrument and measuring the magnitude and accuracy of the parameters called out by the specification.
- Basic RF knowledge along with tuning/troubleshooting experience from 6GHz and below.
- Must be capable of making complex test set-ups including inputs, outputs and metering requirements.
- Ability to debug circuits and systems.
- Hands-on experience with RF equipment including: Spectrum and Network Analyzers, Oscilloscope, Power Meter, Signal Generator, and Power Supply.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 standards and procedures.
- Comfortable working both independently and in team environments.
- Excellent communications skills; computer proficiency; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand throughout an eight or ten-hour day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.