Application Engineers with PLC expertise develop PLC application monitoring and control software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon), perform startup and testing, and provide training.
A minimum two years' experience in PLC programming. PLC Application Engineers must have knowledge and experience with PLC hardware and programming software (Allen-Bradley and Modicon). Candidates must have good communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative on projects.
- (PLC) Application Engineers develop Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) application programs based on the contract documents and System Control Narrative using the PLC manufacturer's Programming Software.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interfaces equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.
- Water & Wastewater industry experience a plus