HMI Application Engineers must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, networks, and HMI configuration software (Wonderware or Intellution). Application Engineers with HMI expertise set up the customer computer system hardware and network, configure the SCADA application software, perform startup and testing, and provide training.
A minimum two years' experience in HMI programming. HMI Application Engineers must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, networks, and HMI configuration software (Wonderware or Intellution). Candidates must have good communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives project requirements and direction through meetings with the Regional or Project Manager and review of the contract documents.
- Produces the System Control Narrative on projects.
- (HMI) Application Engineers develop Human-Machine Interface (HMI) application software per the contract documents and System Control Narrative using Third-Party software development packages, such as Wonderware's InTouch, Rockwell Software's RSView, and Intellution's IFIX.
- (HMI) Application Engineers set up the project system servers, workstations, operating system, networks, and peripheral equipment at the job site.
- Installs all developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interfaces equipment to third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Demonstrates overall system functionality to the Owner/Engineer/Contractor including hardware and network operation, SCADA monitoring and control, displaying data, alarming, and historical data collection for report generation.
- (HMI) Application Engineers develop custom Operational and State Reports per the Owners requirements.
- Provides training to operators, supervisors, and administrative personnel.
- Generates and gathers all required final project documentation.
- Provides technical assistance to Customers.
- Water & Wastewater industry experience a plus.